Why Do Women in Copenhagen Do Not Wear Heels?

Since I joined the advisory board of Crimson Mim, a fashion-forward retailer of women's apparel, I am paying more attention to what people choose to wear and why. During my recent visit to Copenhagen, Denmark I observed that most women walking in the city do not wear heels. They dress very well and usually wear colorful sneakers. This behavior is different compared to what women wear in other cities I have visited (Paris is another place where many women do not wear heels or colorful sneakers but that is a different story). I was curious to find out why. I learned that the reason is neither philosophical nor cultural. Women in Copenhagen do not wear heels because of a very practical reason i.e. the walking streets look like this: 



Do you want your Louboutin stuck in this?

Most Copenhagen women keep a pair of heels at work and wear them when they are at the office. By the way, the colorful sneakers they wear look really good on them. 


Popular posts from this blog

Systems Thinking as taught by Ackoff

Obituary: Charles T. Munger

Dynamics Of The Technology Ecosystem