Obituary: Jens-Uffe Andersen

My dear friend, Jens-Uffe Andersen, passed away on May 26th, 2011. Jens-Uffe was a great man and I admired him. He spent his life being a productive member of the society and made significant contributions to the success of SIEMENS in Denmark. Jens-Uffe taught me valuable lessons in business, specifically:

  • In a big centralized corporation, when managing a big account, one has to spend more time within the organization aligning various entities than with the customer.  
  •  Internal alliances are necessary to get anything done in a big organization. 
  • People like to do business with with people they like even if it costs a bit more.
 I am sure that I am not doing justice to wisdom of the man by just listing three things I learned from him because the list is very long.

May Jens-Uffe rest in peace. My condolences to his family.

Popular posts from this blog

Obituary: Charles T. Munger

Systems Thinking as taught by Ackoff

Dynamics Of The Technology Ecosystem