3-4-5 of Innovation: 3 Ways to Innovate; 4 Steps to Commercialization; 5 Challenges

Last week, I gave a keynote speech at the Innovation in Mind conference at Lund University, Sweden. Innovation in Mind focuses on how innovation begins with human consciousness, coupled with ideas from different disciplines coming together. The conference reminded me of TED. I was honored to be invited to this fantastic conference as a keynote speaker.

My keynote speech was titled, "Innovation and its Challenges". Based on my experience creating new things and accelerating the adoption of innovations (WiFi as a paid location based service, UMTS at the expense of WiMAXMjediWearable Devices, Solar-powered cellphone charging and LED solution for emerging markets, etc.) I discovered that there is a 3-4-5 of innovation: 3 Ways to Innovate; 4 Steps to Commercialization; 5 Challenges. Watch my keynote speech:




And, here is the presentation I used in the speech:



Thanks to a brilliant artist, Louise Wester, who made my first caricature:



Lund is one of my favorite cities. With organizations like Lund UniversityMobile Heights, and Teknopol, it is one of the few places where I have seen academia, business, and government come together to help and encourage entrepreneurs. But, the best part about Lund is its people. I am amazed by their kindness, generosity, and intelligence. 

I hope to return to Lund soon. 


Popular posts from this blog

Systems Thinking as taught by Ackoff

Obituary: Charles T. Munger

Dynamics Of The Technology Ecosystem