The Power of Thoughts

How do thoughts gets generated?

Why is it easier to think about something you want to think about vs forgetting something? Is the explanation as simple as weight management - gaining weight is easy and losing weight is difficult?

Thoughts have physical affect on one's body. I can close by eyes and depending on what I am thinking, my heart rate goes up or down, tears come out of my eyes or I smile, I feel sensation in every part of my body or complete calmness. Unbelievable!

The environment triggers some thoughts and the body reacts automatically, at least for me. However bad I am feeling, I see a child playing and I can't help but smile. There is no conscious thinking that occurs in my head, my smile is an automatic reaction to seeing children.

Lately, when I see old homeless people, my heart rate goes up. I feel helpless. There is no conscious thinking involved here either.

Imagine what one can achieve when one learns to control one's thoughts. What are your thoughts?:-)

Popular posts from this blog

Obituary: Charles T. Munger

Systems Thinking as taught by Ackoff

Dynamics Of The Technology Ecosystem